Saturday, January 10, 2009

I had no idea...

Custom Framing was sooo EXPENSIVE. Chad and I have been looking for matching frames for a grouping of engagement photos. We finally resigned to the fact that we were not going to find them on the shelf, when my aunt sent me an email with this little detain attached:
60% off...now thats got to make it affordable, right??? So we proudly took our engagement photos...an 11x14, (2)8x10s, (3)5x7s, to Michael's. (side note: I heart Michaels...I cannot say enough good things about the service/supplies at our local store) After about an hour contemplating mat color and frame choices we got around to talking moo-lah. She did her thing in the computer and then stated that our grand total was $330...I politely reminded her that we had THIS handy dandy coupon (smiling)...she replys, "yep, that is with the 60% off". What? So what your saying is that to get these frames at full price it would cost nearly $700??? Who could pay full price? So we left to "discuss" the purchase....we had to decide if we were going to bit the bullet and have our timeless photos framed just the way we like, or say "for-get-a-bout-it" and continue to search for frames that would never measure up to the beautiful to the display we created. After a few panic attacks...we decided to do it. I know some of you think this is crazy....I know that it is a lot of money...that is what I kept saying when we were discussing...but we decided that these are pictures that are going to be around for a long time...we would rather pay more and have them hanging on the wall and not sitting in a box waiting for us to "find" the right frames. (It also helped that we had received a nice gift card at christmas) So we did it...I can't wait to show you how they turn out. Whew..sorry that was lengthly...if you made it through...thanks!!

1 comment:

southern daze said...

I feel your pain. The first time I had something custom framed I was literally blown away when they quoted the price (and I, too, was using a coupon, although I think mine was only 50%). I was single at the time and in there alone so it didn't even occur to me that I could walk out and ponder the decision. I never regretted getting it done but I'll tell ya, the thought of taking things in to be framed scares the dickens out of me to this day!

Can't wait to see how your wedding pics turned out. I'm sure they'll be worth every penny and you'll enjoy seeing them displayed every day!