Monday, August 13, 2012

A Belated Pregnancy Wrap-Up

It's been  2 months since I posted, I clearly have some catching up to do. Of course, I am sure you figured out that I am not pregnant anymore. Honestly, the last 6 weeks have been a whirlwind and I feel like I haven't been pregnant in years, but I want to document the last few weeks...so here goes:

 The last few weeks of my pregnancy were a little stressful and we were very thankful when Grady arrived. During my 38 week appointment I had the same issue that I had a few weeks earlier...no fundal growth. I was still measuring at 33 (should've been closer to 38) so the doc ordered another sono. to check measurements and had me start doing non-stress tests 2x/week. At the sono. we found out that Grady was measuring 10 days behind his due date, it was a little scary, but it wasn't enough to consider him intrauterine growth restricted. He passed the first non-stress test that week, but played a little opossum at the next one which caused more alarm, but turned out to be nothing. To top it off our Doc was out of town...so we felt a little in the dark. Needless to say we were eager to get on with the show and meet the little man. Other than the worry and extra tests I felt pretty good...

Week 37

Week 38

I failed to get a picture of week 39...but to my defense I was only pregnant half the week!

Total pregnancy weight gain- 25 lbs
Biggest craving- potatoes of various varieties
Major symptoms- heartburn and fatigue

No comments: