Thursday, January 14, 2016

2016 a year of JOY

I've always enjoyed New Years. I like the reflection, fresh start and of course the list making that comes with the start of the new year. This year I really wanted a word for the year. It feels like a theme, and we all know I love a good theme. I really struggled to come up with a word that really encompassed my hopes for 2016. So I waited and this week it came to me- JOY. Here's how I plan to use the word JOY to guide different areas of my life this year, and some action steps for each area.

In 2016 I want to...
- BRING JOY to God by the way that I live my life.
     Actions: Spending more time with Jesus daily and seeking his will in all things.
- CHOOSE JOY
     Actions: practicing gratitude in the midst of the chaos, celebrating the little things,
- SPREAD JOY
     Actions: send more cards, share more meals with others, celebrate other's accomplishments, phone      calls, texts, ect.
- CAPTURE the JOY
     Actions: Blog more, take pictures, finish baby books
- SEEK JOY
     Actions: Invest in relationships, pursue passions

I'm really excited about my guiding word for this year. I have to laugh that since choosing JOY as my word the last couple of days have been more challenging in the Choosing Joy department, but that's how it works, right?

Do you have a word for 2016? 
How are some ways you seek JOY in your life?

-Mama Bear Megs

No comments: