Sunday, July 12, 2009

Recipe Review


This is a recipe that I found in oxygen magazine(something I LOVE). It called for something called arrowroot powder. Arrowroot powder?? I had no idea what the heck arrowroot powder was, but I figured I could find it...no luck. After googling it I discovered it is a thickening agent much like cornstarch...but I didn't find it, so I didn't have it...so I made my own version of Ginger Chicken...and I liked it. Whew...I was a little nervous. So here is the Glacier-Eyed Girl Version of the recipe.

Ginger Chicken

12 oz. Boneless/skinless chicken breast
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
1 med onion- sliced
1 pepper (red or green)- cut into strips
3 c broccoli florets
1 can low sodium chicken broth
3-4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce

2 c brown rice-cook according to directions (DUH)

Directions: Saute chicken in olive oil on med. heat until cooked through. Add garlic/ginger. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil until vegetables are tender.
Serve over rice

(I added more soy sauce and chicken broth because I wasn't using the arrowroot.)


No comments: