Holidays 2011
Here we go again. I am trying to play "blog catch-up" because I haven't been posting...yes, I know this is a pattern. I am working on it. Let's pretend that the date doesn't read Feb., but more like December 30th??
Chad and I were very blessed to share the holiday season with our family and friends. I love the holidays, especially the traditions that come with them. This year we continued some traditions, started some new traditions and with any growing family adjusted some traditions. So...let's recap:
The New:
This year we through my nieces and nephew a Polar Express Party. It was a lot of fun and I hope will be a tradition that I can continue with my own little ones. So here are the details: I gave each of them a "train ticket" invitation the week before the party inviting them to come and to wear their pjs. In our pjs we ate popcorn and watched Polar Express. It was so sweet to be curled up on the couch with my 2 nieces, nephew and husband. After the movie we made cinnamon applesauce ornaments and drank hot cocoa. It was really quite simple, but a memory that I will cherish.
The Old:
- We continued the tradition of getting together to bake. It is fun to take time to try new recipes, make old favorites and share the goodies. This year my mom, sister, grandmother, future sister-in-law and aunt all got together. We also continued the traditions of having a few recipes that flop and making way too much!
- Of course we attend Christmas Eve Mass and spent time with our families. The best traditions of all. There was lots of food, gifts and love!!!
The Adjusted:
- Because of work schedules and juggling in-law schedules we had to adjust the timeline of festivities this year. We spent Christmas Eve with Chad's family, Christmas morning as a couple and the 26th with my family. It was nice to spread it out and really enjoy our time together.
- My family also decided to draw names this year. It was sad not to buy for everyone, but we are getting rather large and drawing names made things a little simpler.
I hope your holidays were as blessed as ours!
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment