After miscarrying in September Chad and I were very cautious when it came to sharing our news the second time around. We decided to wait until week 12 to tell anyone, and I was lucky enough to be well enough to hide the secret. Week 12 happened to fall on Christmas so we planned a surprise for our families. We wrapped a "baby themed" grocery item for each person in the family and then let them piece it together.
It was much easier to come up with the 4 items needed for Chad's family. It was a little trickier to think of 9 items for my family. We used: sugar babies, sour patch kids, junior mints, baby ruths, sweet baby ray's bbq sauce, baby butter beans, runts, baby carrots and baby goldfish. Unfortunately, we didn't snap a picture with my family.
We waited until week 15 to announce to the rest of the world. I decided to put a sign/candy in the teachers lounge at school. It read: We are overJOYed to announce we are having a BABY. I put out baby ruths and almond joys.
No comments:
Post a Comment