Friday, February 20, 2009

Champagne taste on a beer budget??

I just did a wedding cost estimate on this website. Based on my location, guest count and various other items here is what I got:

Wedding Cost Estimate
Based on the zip code you entered KS , the number of guests (151-200), and the items selected, the estimated wedding cost is between $9,516 and $15,857.


Um....our budget is 5K...I am not sure what I think about that...we are getting flowers at cost and only doing hors doerves (6.50/person)...so I think that it can be done!!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

You can do it. We had a nice wedding for a few less people- and had two parties- for less than $5,000. But the catch is- you have to do a lot yourself. My mom is paying a lot more for my sister's wedding- but not doing nearly as much stuff. It is a trade off I guess. (I loved my wedding though! = ) )

Lindsey said...

You can def do it! It does require being a bit creative and doing a lot yourself, but it can be done! We even had $5 fake rose centerpieces for CVS, and everyone thought they were real!

Abbie said...

If it makes you feel any better, the calc for my zip code was between $27,231 and $45,386! I thought I was going to croak! *especially because our budget is around $10k!

You can do it! Borrow like crazy the things that you can. As vendors you like if they will match other vendors' pricing (it worked for me today!)

By the way... on the suit issue from my blog, here's what I have to learned: Good suits are hard to find in khaki at great prices! I have searched high and low. J didn't want the GM to pay more than $170 each. Express has men's khaki suits. Most khaki suits are upwards of $200.

Amanda said...

I can attest to the fact that this can definitely be done. Our budget came in around 6k- and with DIY peonies, appetizer buffet, thrifted vases, and some creative help from family, we did just fine.

I can't wait to see your progress!