Lately I have felt a little overwhelmed by this new life. I have been fighting to find a balance. I feel like I am performing a juggling act...and I have no idea how to juggle all of my roles in life. I picture each role as a ball that I trying to keep up. There's the obvious role of mother- a role I am not confident in. It takes a lot of work to keep this one up...for the last two months this role has been my sole focus, almost as if I set the other balls aside and simply tossed this heavy ball by itself for a while, but of course it wasn't long before I needed to add the wife role back in...devoting time and attention to my husband and the cooking, cleaning, ect. And of course the role of pet owner...trying to find time and energy to devote to my fur-babies. I know my life will be unbalanced if I don't add in the personal ball soon...finding time to workout, focus on prayer, be social and creative again. And if that weren't this week I will be forced to pick up the school counselor ball again. My head is spinning.
I am learning the importance of focusing on the most important task at the moment (and sometimes that task is just watching Bugs play or cuddling on the couch with Chad) and not letting my mind spin about the other things that need to be done. It is going to be important for me to be organized, but also willing to let go of some things.
Being a working mom is not my first choice, but it is my current situation. I praying that the Lord will help me to accept it and trust that it is part of his plan. I will just have to treasure the time that I have at home and make the most of the nights, weekends and summers.
We will find a routine soon. I am sure I will drop a ball or two from time to time, but that is just part of life.
And as a reward for reading this rambling post:
No comments:
Post a Comment