Thursday, July 4, 2013
A Glimpse
The other afternoon I babysat for my sister. Her daughter is two months younger then Bugs, and I am in love with the fact that we live close now and our kiddos can have lots of cousin time. We arranged to do drop off at target. I got there before her, with both babes sleeping! I cherished the little bit of quite time, knowing it could turn ugly at any moment....after a bit Bugs stirred. In an effort to keep Hads asleep I pulled him up to the front with me. He sat on my lap resting his head on my chest and just chilled. I love snuggling, and I am desperately aware that this phase will pass all too soon. As I sat there my heart was so full...like gonna burst full, and it was in that moment that I got a glimpse...a glimpse of what God's love for us must FEEL like. This intense, burning love. For some people this knowledge and acceptance of God's love seems to come very naturally, but I have a hard time comprehending it. I guess I try to tie it to obedience and human limitations, but in that moment it was a little more clear. It was a fleeting moment...but it has left an impression on my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment