But it's not my style to jump in...I gotta catch up, do it right. So today's is a catch up post. All the prompts from the 1st-4th...cliff notes style.
July 1- life story
Let's hit the high points, shall we:
-I'm the second oldest in a family of 5 siblings. I was truly blessed by amazing parents that taught so much about what is truly important in life.
-In high school I was incredibly insecure and battled an eating disorder.
- I attended jr. College where I was an Athletic Trainer and ran track.
- While attending said jr. College I met the amazing man that later became my husband.
- Followed said man to a university, where I got my degree in physical education.
- Taught elementary PE for 2 years before becoming an Elementary school counselor.
- Last year we added a baby boy to our family, and I have truly enjoyed motherhood.
- This Spring we sold our 1st house and relocated for the Hubs career....and bonus it is closer to my family!
And, Now ya know me....
July 2- what am I an expert on?
Um....expert...let's see...I got nothing. It's really not my nature to be all expert-y...(Kayla stop rolling your eyes) How about a list of things I would like to keep getting better at...would like to reach "expert" status...
- remembering the special days of my friends and family
- creating special memories/traditions for my family
- cultivating a spirit of love, gratitude and kindness in myself and my home
- seeing and responding to the needs of others
- cooking
A fun family tradition...hiking.
Totally cheated there...moving on.
July 3- Something that makes you uncomfortable.
Why is it this list is so much easier then yesterday's? I think the thing I am most uncomfortable with is conflict. Ugh...I hate it, but I have learned a few things about it: sometimes conflict is necessary, sometimes avoiding conflict creates more conflict in the long run, and I am very sensitive and sometimes what I feel is conflict is not.
July 4- What is your favorite quote? Why?
I can't say I have a favorite quote. I find inspiration in quotes that speak to me in the moment. So right now these are my "favorites" :
"Comparison is the thief of joy."
"Never get tired of doing the little things, for others sometimes those little things occupy the biggest place place in their heart."
"Joy is the echo of God's life within us" Joseph Marmion
And that my friends brings us to today! July 5th- profess your love to a bloggy friend. I choose....my sister, the almost farm wife. I am so thankful my mom and dad had her for me :) She is strong and beautiful. I am so excited that we have kids so close in age (even if my insecurities kept me from realizing just how fun it would be at first), and I love the fact that we live so close now! So Kaylu, I love you!




No comments:
Post a Comment