Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wedding Details

I am finally getting around to posting about my wedding. After I got engaged in July I got a lot of the big items out of the way, but since the school year started I have stalled out!!! Here is what we have accomplished thus far:

Date: June 6, 2009
Location: Home town church for both ceremony/reception
Caterer/Menu: We will be serving hor dorves and having a champagne toast
Colors: Chocolate brown/Aqua blue/shades of taupe & ivory
Photographer: Kevin L. Brown
Cake: Put a deposit down
Dress: Got it (NO details, sorry)

Because it is an early ceremony/reception (1:00) we are not going to get a d.j., and instead do playlist on an ipod. We are also not serving alcohol...we just not big drinkers and thought it would be nice place to save a little.

We also selected the attire for the bridal party...4 each....more on that later.

*** Because we got engaged on a beach in Oregon we have decided to incorporate a beach feel...I know sounds crazy in the middle of Kansas...but we love it. We are going to do boxes of sand with sand dollars and candles on the tables and a sand dollar motif on the invites. We are also getting sand dollar cookies instead of a grooms cake. I don't want to go over board or be too theme-y but a think a few simple sand dollar themes through out will be really cute.

Enough for now!! I will work on figuring out how to include more pics next time!!

2 comments:

Erica said...

this sounds awesome! I love the beach in the midwest theme!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

everything sounds great! how much fun!!!